[ANSTHRLD] Request for assistance

Nordsteorra northern_herald at ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 11 14:22:10 PDT 2001

Daniel said:
>For example: Note that Corpora says that baronies cannot give
>armigerous awards.  Note that most all Ansteorran baronies give an
>armigerous award.  Note the contradiction.

Also, note that the armigerous awards are signed by the King and
Queen, as well as the Baron and Baroness...hence, the source of the
AoA.

>I suspect that most recipients of baronial armigerous award already
>have their AoAs, so the award doesn't convey an award of arms (can't
>wet the sea), so the baron/ess doesn't have to consult, and any
>sensible baron/ess will keep the royal camel's nose out of their
>baronial pavillion as much as possible.

I hadn't given it much thought before...every time you get an award
like a Thistle or Crane, you have conveyed upon you an AoA. Of course,
your title doesn't change...you're still Lord or Lady. And you don't
get to trade up to GoR when you collect the set. But I believe you still
get an AoA...I've collected 5 to date.

Regards,
Tadhg