[ANSTHRLD] Device 3

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:11:04 PDT 2001

Gules, 3 garbs and on a chief Or, 2 anvils sable.

You folks have more anvils than Wily Coyote.
I am trying to do this while fighting off a migraine so I might
miss a step.

we have field gules
primary charge group 3 garbs Or
secondary chief Or
tertiary 2 anvils sable.

I would ignore the anvils right now and search under 3 garbs Or
and Chief Or

We can do a simple search of each one in the Ordinary or a complex
search.

Starting with Garb in the Ordinary it is one large block of 96 items.
Oh bother, said Pooh.  Before we look note GARB in the box at the top
description of the armory.  Save that notation for a complex search.
Concentrate on Gules field and 3 garbs.  We can also use the browser
to search for "a chief" or "three garbs" to catch items.
This turns up Comyn, Lord of Badenoch
"Gules, three garbs Or."
One CD for adding a secondary (chief) and another for adding a tertiary
group (the anvils).  Without the anvils this would conflict.

We could look at chief Or but we have the opposite problem now, too many
divisions to choose from. The one we want is
Chief - Charged - Plain line - Or - Above 3 or more
because our chief is charged with anvils, it has a plain line of division,
is Or, and it is above 3 garbs.
again save the description in the box at the top
CHIEF:above 3 or more:or:plain line:charged
I would do a find on garbs to double check this one but not spend too much
time here.

We can try a complex search while at this.
Go to the Complex search form on the main menu and bring up the
complex search.  We have two items to check in number one enter weight
of 10, set method to armorial description, and in pattern copy GARB
that we saved from the description box in the Ordinary.
For item two enter weight of 10, set method to armorial description, and in
pattern CHIEF:above 3 or more:or:plain line:charged
set the max items to 999.
Now press search for items.  Any device having both a chief Or and a garb
will come up the a score of 20, the sum of the weights.  Alberta and
Saskatchewan
have a CD for field, a CD for arrangement of garbs and a CD for change of
type and color to the tertiary on the chief.

So this device is clear.