[ANSTHRLD] Device checks

Rendell Skaggs rendells at code-works.com
Tue Jul 17 06:20:36 PDT 2001

"Timothy A. McDaniel" wrote:

> For
>     http://www.code-works.com/seanan/guyon.jpg
> - The SCA capitalizes these words:
>   * The first word of the blazon
>   * The word "Fieldless"
>   * The tincture "Or"
>   * Uses of proper names, as in "a Bowen knot" or "a cross of
>     Jerusalem".
> - We would usually blazon those things as "rapiers", due to the cup
>   hilts and the thin blades.  That's not a CD from any other type of
>   sword, mind you: blazonable != CD.

I was under the impression that if blazoned sword the heraldic artist
could draw whatever sword they thought it called for. I was keeping it
liberable

> - You'd expect the tips to be very close when in pile.  They don't
>   quite look conjoined (there's a hair of field between then).  So I
>   wouldn't blazon that.

That's my fault, part of the outline of the sword from my line drawing
blended with the field when I did the colorfill. they are supposed to
be conjoined by the submitters request.

> - "In <arrangement>" can go before or after depending on preference
>   and clarity issues.  Separating "in pile" and "inverted" just makes
>   it sound a tad better to me, but there's no clarity issue here.

good to know

> - Oh, and you can omit all but the last occurrence of adjacent
>   identical tinctures.
>
> I'd call it
>
>     Sable, in pile two rapiers inverted, on a chief argent three
>     hearts gules.

how about:
Sable, in pile two rapiers inverted points conjoined, on a chief
argent three hearts gules

> Daniel de Lincolia

thanks Daniel
-seanan
--
                               ___
-The best way to travel       / .''>   -Lord Seanán mac Tighearnáin