[ANSTHRLD] OP update

Deborah Sweet/soc/cas/Okstate dssweet at okstate.edu
Thu Jul 19 10:17:33 PDT 2001

>The on-line OP has been updated

So while looking at the updated OP, I discovered a question or error.  On
page 66 - Order of March, under 13 it lists a Grant of Rank (GoR) and a
Grant of Arms (GoA).  Then on page 82 it lists the Simple Grants & Foreign
Orders. The GoA listing has 5 names listed and the GoR - Grant of Arms has
many listed. What is the different between a Grant of Rank and a Grant of
Arms? Is this just a bookkeeping error?

Because while it's listed under the GoA, my husband, Haldane Sparhawke,
received a Simple Grant of Arms (so did Aelfwyn Regenward). And under the
GoR is listed several people that I witnessed receiving a Simple Grant of
Arms (Treschen, Bonnie, Grimhun, etc. - [King Barn liked to give Simple
Grants]).

Estrill