[ANSTHRLD] fieldless semy

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 08:34:32 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/16/2001 9:59:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
rhusted at mastnet.net writes:

is it possible to put a field treatment on a fieldless badge?

<fieldless> semy of X Or
<fieldless> ermined Or
<fieldless> estencele Or

 Sorry, but no.  By definition, a field treatment must have a field to treat.
 So "<fieldless> semy of X Or"  is really "n X's Or" where n is the number of
X's we can see.   And before someone else says it:  fieldless can only be
used for badges, and all the charges in a fieldless badge must be touching
each other in some way (conjoined, maintained, charged with, overall, etc.).
 So a scattering of X's is unregisterable as a badge.

And just to prevent confusion about parts that have to touch on a fieldless
badge:  an ermine spot is one charge that is often drawn as three dots above
a different shape (representing a tail).  "<fieldless> An ermine spot
[tincture]" is acceptable as a badge (baring conflict) because it is one
charge that just happens to be drawn "in pieces."  A paw print is another
example of this.  However "<fieldless> Two ermine spots [in some position -
in fess, in pale, in bend] [tincture]" would not be acceptable as a badge
because the two ermine spots aren't touching each other -- and I can't think
of a way to make them touch without making a mess!

Maybe it's time for a field?

Kathri