[ANSTHRLD] old files

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jul 19 01:53:07 PDT 2001

> As for the Armorial, I wonder if the paper copy
> is worth anything anymore.  To catch the conflicts
> implying a family relationship you have to search
> electronically.  To catch some of the spelling
> differences you have to double check the byname
> which can only be done electronically.

And still you might miss soundalikes.  Nope, one can (I do) check
paper copy with as much accuracy as electronic.  Electronic is just
a lot faster and involves less flipping of pages.
But I can and have caught name conflicts on paper which have been
missed by very good heralds checking electronically exclusively.

But remember, no one herald is capable of doing the type of checking,
and clearing (half the discussion in Laurel commentary is in support
of or suppliment of documentation and arguing the existance of CDs,
contrary to popular conception the CoA really wants to get the submitters
what they ask for) any one submission.  They're not done by committee,
they're checked and cleared, of conflict-called, by consensus and by
people examining one another's logic.

- Teceangl
--
          Fill your mouth with toothpaste and quack like a duck.