[ANSTHRLD] Re: New Bordure

Griffin ap Rhys lord_housemythos at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:04:35 PDT 2001

Perronnelle says:

>When you're in the dark and your eyes are closed, the colors are
>all the same.

I don't know about that.  I can close my eyes in a dark room and still that
horrible burnt orange burns its way into may senses, making me gag.  True
story-we were living in Austin when my wife was looking at which law school
to go to.  She put in for t.u. (For you non-Ags and unaware, that is what
Texas A&M call UT) and for the University of Houston.  She got into both,
but decided on UH.  But if she had decided to go to UT, we made a pact.  I
would not call UT t.u. if she would not put anything burnt orange on our car
(like UT Law School or the longhorns).  We needn't have worried.  The UT law
school bookstore has stickers, shirts and just about anything you can
imagine in burnt orange AND other colors (mostly blue).  I guess even they
realize what a god-awful color burnt orange is!  I mean, who would burn
orange anyhow to get a color?

The maroon, on the other hand, is in my heart and blood, so whether or not
its dark or light, or whether or not my eyes are open and shut, it is still
with me.  I am fairly certain the writer of the song did not go to Texas
A&M, but he could have gone to UT.

Thanks for the bandwidth,
Griffin, '96
E-2 (Mascot Company)