[ANSTHRLD] Consultations

PoetLover poetlover at spdway.net
Thu Jun 7 09:15:22 PDT 2001

> Consulting for spring is usually planned at
> Coronation 2002 at the earliest. Usually
> consulting at events is planned quarterly.

This is good to know for future reference. Thank you.

> I think you should be concerned about
> the kingdom calendar for April.
> Then we can plan consulting.

We are concerned about kingdom calendar as well as calendar for the site we
hold our event at.  The prefered date is last weekend in April or first
weekend in May. We are not wanting to get too far into May because of
graduation parties and end of school year things going on around here. (Four
of our officers are teachers or have something to do with school around that
time.)

> This brings up a wider issue, that I have had
> very little interest in people learning and
> running heraldic consultations, even on
> the local scale.  A few groups have been doing
> local consulting, Mooneschadowe and Raven's Fort
> come to mind.  Local consultations are best done
> outside of the local event (people are too busy
> then to handle them).  Fighter practices
> and guild meetings are good places to start.
> I will be happy to provide locals with information
> on how to run local consultations.

I would be interested in learning and running heraldic consultations
locally. I had even begun a monthly "consultation of sorts at our local
library (since my personal library and the shire's library are absolutely no
match for yours Magnus). However, after my extreme illness back in January,
things got off track and I have not been able to do my monthly consults for
the last few months. Now it is on an appointment basis and at our fighter
practice and populous meetings.

>  You can run a question and answer
> consultation in an afternoon at an event between
> lunch and feast.  It is a very relaxed atmosphere.
> Armory is the easiest to handle.
> If you get a question you can't answer, then get
> an email contact for the client and ask ANST heralds.

This would really be all that we would need for a consultation table. We do
not want to have anything super troublesome. We like to have people come to
our event to relax and have fun.

> It is an easy way to educate the populace, get
> to know new SCA members, and get answers to
> questions you hadn't thought of to ask.

Exactly. :)

Bridgid