[ANSTHRLD] Maroon is not a tincture either

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Thu Jun 7 21:55:11 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/7/2001 11:23:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
Pem1968 at aol.com writes:

> I know we don't use maroon but wasn't there a similiar tincture used in the

Other way round.  Sanquine (blood red, darker than gules) and murrey
(mulberry, very dark red-purple) came into use after the SCA era -- in the
"good new days."  Or "more recent times" per _An Introduction to Heraldry_ by
Stefan Oliver (1987).  Tenn{e'} (orange) and bleu c{e'}leste (sky blue) are
also "new."  Oliver says "Their use is not widespread, although sky blue...is
being introduced especially by people connected with aviation and space
exploration."  Also, I've heard that the Canadians allow a deep rose pink,
but I can't cite a source.

So, do you think the Aggies are just the bloody berries?

Kathri