[ANSTHRLD] answering questions

Stephen Macthomas macthomas at ev1.net
Mon Jun 25 01:20:31 PDT 2001

I would wholeheartedly encourage all heralds, no matter their experience
level, to continue to ask (and answer) questions through this list.  This is
one of the best ways for questions to reach heralds throughout the Knowne
World that otherwise we wouldn't have exposure to.  (For example - how many
of us know who Teceangl is?  How many of us have ever *met* her?)  It's also
a fantastic educational tool for all manner of heraldic questions, with the
possible exception of pronunciation for voice heralds (and that can even be
resolved by a private round of e-mails and an attached sound file).

Catarina, please keep asking questions.  Tecangl, please keep answering
them.  If for no other reason, there's always something new for everyone to
learn, especially me.  <grin>

Lord Stephen Macthomas, Tressure Herald (head of the education arm of the
Ansteorran College of Heralds)

P.S.  To answer your questions: the paperwork for your name and device
submissions goes to your local herald, unless you are your local herald, in
which case they go to Asterisk Herald, Lord Griffin ap Rhys.  (He subscribes
to this list, so I'll let him fill in the details.)  And without the least
bit of a check on your resources or the O&A, the name sounds quite nice.
However, as I said before, I have lots to learn, especially about
onomastics, so I'll defer anything but an aesthetic opinion to others more
qualified (and less sleepy) for comment.