[ANSTHRLD] Re: [artheralds] Answering questions

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Mon Jun 25 09:45:46 PDT 2001

Tec:
>>> My personal goal is to get a four-word (or less)
>>> blazon registered for a client.
>> "Pean, three [roundels of any tincture that has good contrast]"
> Depending, Laurel might lost the three word blazon in favor of
> non-specialized terms.
> AEthelfrith se hluda bears Sable, three plates.
> It got reblazoned to "three roundels argent".  <sigh>

He did say *four* words or less.

In general, if there are alternate ways of blazoning a device and the
alternatives are all not infrequently used in the SCA (and roundel
names are in that set), Laurel usually leaves the blazon on the LoI
alone.  Therefore, I would first suspect the An Tir LoI, 27 April 1998
("redated to 15 May based on postmark").

Daniel "Or was it Jaelle being perverse?  Naaahhhh" de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)