[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: book

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Fri Jun 1 20:48:06 PDT 2001

> >One man's gathering from old dictionaries and glossaries of
> >words that have slipped from common usage.
>
> Great!  Super!  All I need is for Daniel to get a hold of it and put more
> words in his posts that I can't find in my 15 pound dictionary.

I just checked my unabridged dictionary.  The only one from that sample
list in this dictionary was "ugsome".  If you have a Houston library
card, you have remote web access to the OED.  The only word from that
list not in the OED is "snirp."

I leave the alternative definitions of these as an exercise to the
reader.  :)

--Perronnelle

--
Early to bed and early to rise -- till you make enough money to do
otherwise.
mailto:findbook at flash.net