[ANSTHRLD] CD for removal of wings?

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jun 6 07:32:12 PDT 2001

> When it is important to specifically check a proposed piece of armoury,
> in the case where the differences are marginal at best, I do give such
> reference points. What I was looking for is what you gave. Thanks for
> the info :)

Since you were talking about wings, but only mentioned a rose, I had no
idea what I was getting into.  Blazon should be mandatory when asking about
difference.  :)

> The specific armoury is a possible badge for HRH Larissa, '[Fieldless] a
> rose purpure barbed and seeded proper'.
>
> I had found for Victoria of Durham, '(Fieldless) A rose purpure barbed
> and seeded proper winged argent estencely sable.' as a possible
> conflict. Hence the root of my question.

There.  That gives me all the right info.
There is one CD for fieldlessness and one CD for removal of the wings.  There
are no differences for barbing and seeding tinctures, as they're insignificant.

> The next closest was by Angus MacMichael, '(Fieldless) A rose purpure
> barbed and seeded proper, each petal charged with a heart points to
> center argent.' Which I deemed clear by one CD for Fieldless and on for
> removal of Tertiary charges.

And you're right.

> BTW, where did I change subject lines? The question was the same from
> first to second with only the specific object being winged denoted as an
> example for the first.

I only got the one message in my inbox with the subject line "CD for removal
of wings?".  I was sorted by subject line, so I know there were no others.
Perhaps mail's propagating oddly, though.

- Teceangl
--
          Fill your mouth with toothpaste and quack like a duck.