ANSTHRLD - Device check--tiger's head

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Mar 8 04:00:53 PST 2001

> Purpure a Siberian tiger's head affronty.
>
> I'm not sure of the Siberian tiger as a period charge; if it's not, the it would most likely be the following:
>
> Purpure a tiger's head affronty argent marked sable.
>
> She wants a white tiger's head with black stripes on it.

Yes, your second blazon is correct.  Tigers may not be registered as
proper, as there are too many colour varieties (orange & black, yellow &
black, white & black).  Your blazon specifically of markings is right,
and they're considered artistic detail, worth no difference.  Again, just
a head affronty is "cabossed".  If there's a neck, it needs to have its
edge (erased of couped) blazoned, too.

Unfortunately, conflict with Alonzio of the Peacemakers - May of 1981 (via
the East): Gyronny Or and gules, a white tiger's head caboshed proper. [Felix
tigris]
(Note, old blazon including linnean.)  There is one CD for the changes to the
field.

This really sucks.  Your clients have wonderfully uncomplicated ideas.  See
if they're interested in putting a plain chief on their devices, or a simple
peripheral (orle perhaps?  bordures probably would be yet more conflict), or
three charges around the head, one in each corner of the shield.  Or even
perhaps semy of mullets or something.
And there's always the thought of having three heads.  One charge was the
most used period motif, three was a close second.

- Teceangl
                  "He washed his mouth and can't do a thing with it."
						     - SJK  8-28-96  04:23