ANSTHRLD - Name help

Andrea Hicks maridonna at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 10 05:27:51 PST 2001

Tadhg wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I need some help on a name submission. The lady originally submitted
> Kassia MacWilliams. She is interested most in the pronunciation.
snipped

> I believe it may be a feminine form of
> Cassius. Unfortunately, I do not have any resources at my disposal
> to provide documentation.
>
> Can anyone provide some help?

Alrighty then, Withycombe has three names that I have found so far that
were used in late period England. Claudia, Lucretia and Lucia. This
being so, couldn't Cassia have been used?

R&W, s.n. Macwilliam - Edward Makwillyam 1461, 'son of William.'
Black, s.n. Macwilliam - Makwilliam, 1506 & 1500; Makwillzam 1506;
M'William 16th C; M'Willame in 1548.

--
Andrea / Maridonna