Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Tape)

Eirik eirik at n-link.com
Tue Mar 20 03:32:12 PST 2001

> So what is the solution?  How do we get the courts reported?   Other than
> stopping "lecturing" does the change really solve any problems or help get
> awards recorded?
>
> --Francois

Well, in groups that are required to have a herald; how about putting more emphasis on the local officer being responsible as part of their duties?  Such as including court reports as required officer reports.

When I was the herald for our shire, I made a point of introducing myself to the Crown or their representatives and setting a time where we could get together and go over court business and fill out the court reports. Also, one of the copies of the court reports should be kept in the local files.

I don't have an idea about groups that aren't required to have a herald.

Ld. Eirik