Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Ta pe)

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 06:17:56 PST 2001

Darius here
Must make a short reply to a few points:

1) You are quite corect that there is no way for Zodiacus to know who was the
court herald for a particular court especially in cases where there were two three
or (I have seen this) four court heralds or even more. for example Northern
Reigional Tribute... How many court heralds are there??

2) Many times Heralds who are taking couert reports record only the awards that
people from their groupp recieve. While these are certainly helpful in maintaining
local OP's and somewhat usefull to Zodiaicus, if they are the only ones sending a
report then awards get missed.

3) As Nautilus I had to reconstruct three submision packetts due to the USPS, I
actually recieved one of them back in a little plastic baggie, because they were
able to salvage the return adress. It was pretty shredded.

As a deputy to Zodiacus who chases unknown data for her, I am very adamant about a
need to reform our court reporting structure. I have a few Ideas but they have
large holes in them, some have been tried with moderate succsess, alot depend on
who ends up being Sable Scroll for a Reign. If we can ask Sable to send a
reconciliation sheet with the scroll packett to the events we can mark out the
awards thet weren't given and write down the ones given on the fly, or that don't
have scrolls sent from that office (peerage, White Scarf's, etc)  But scince Sable
Scroll changes hands every six months, this can be difficult to maintain. Some are
more willing to cooperate with Zodiacus than are others.

If you have heralded a court and the Black Star report comes in with
misinformation, please by all means send a correction. Unfortunately the USPS
doesn't usually destroy the letters however they have been known to get mangled,
of wet making them dificult to read.

Any Way
I meant this to be short oh well
Darius