Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Ta pe)

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Tue Mar 20 10:54:19 PST 2001

> I have nothing but respect for you, Francois, but  ...
Thank you,  but fear not, I never confuse disagreement with disrepect. When
discussing I try to live by "hard on the issues and soft on the people"  I
do better sometimes than others.

> My undocumented example aside, the fact is easily documented that
> all sorts of preposterous stuff has made it into the OP --
Yes, we are not perfect people.  I would rather have a few "extra" and
"wrong" things than miss entire courts....

>                                                          ...   In my
> view, any way that does not give primacy to the report sent by the court
> herald is, well, wrong.
I agree that there should be more weight given to the report from the court
herald.  I would also like to see the list of awards that Sable Scroll sent
to validate with it.  We don't always get both or either.

Perhaps we should ask the herald doing court to make a note that he/she was
the court herald in the "notes" field on the form. That would help identify
the "better?" report.

> There ought to be a better way.
Yup,  so what is it?

I have talked with people in the past about sanctions against a group if the
reports are not filled.   The idea was similar to the post event reports
required by the seneschal,  if not filed then that group can not have
another calendar event.  Add to the required list of reports the court
report form.  Bet groups make sure a court report is filed.

--Francois