Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Ta pe)

HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson agnarr at apex2000.net
Tue Mar 20 22:24:04 PST 2001

Daniel de Lincolia stated something like:

> > Sanctions may be necessary, but, I feel, only as a last resort after
> > a continued pattern of not reporting.  Sometimes Stuff Happens that
> > is entirely beyond the branch herald's control.
>
> [snip horror story]
>
> I presume it would not be a case of "you no file, we nuke your group,
> no saving throw".  I hope that sanctions would never be applied
> without consideration of any extenuating circumstances, and in
> proportion to the problem.  I think the idea of "you can't have
> another event until you tidy up after the last one" is a clever idea.

Hey as a former herald for Crossorde Keep and its current Seneschal;
can I make a quick point here about this idea/suggestion of "Do it or
else!!!"

Some groups,  Shire and smaller have the choice of not having a herald as a
local officer.   Should the Heralds office have a major brainfart and go
ahead and do something this extreme. It will just make the pool of
individuals in these smaller groups willing to be Local Branch Heralds even
smaller, if not Non-existent. which means less heralds to do ANY work for
said groups.

I've noticed that most people tend to stray away from things that are most
likely to end up biting them in the rear when they least expect it or
because they dropped the ball due to more pressing matters.

The Idea of having the Court Herald be responsible for the Report makes more
sense and more do-able then any other suggestion to date.

Ok stepping off the soapbox for someone else.

HL Agnarr