ANSTHRLD - Trying to start

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Mar 22 18:16:00 PST 2001

> The best book source is Bahlow's book, specifically the book that was
> recently translated into English.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the
> title.

In German:
Bahlow, Hans, _Deutsches Namenlexikon_

In the fabled English translation (which release date has been changed
several times, but the book has not been released in the second printing,
despite Amazon's aver that it "will be" released sometime in spring *2000*):
Bahlow, Hans, translation by Edda Gentry, _Dictionary of German Names_

"Late Period German Masculine Given Names" at
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/talan/germmasc/
gives <Johann> in the Arnsburg list.

I can ask around and see about Hass.  If Bahlow has it, you only need the
cite info with title, author, page number, header spelling, dated spellings,
and dates.  No photocopies needed.

- teceangl
                  "He washed his mouth and can't do a thing with it."
						     - SJK  8-28-96  04:23