ANSTHRLD - Another can this be done???

avalon avalon at arn.net
Thu Mar 22 19:21:55 PST 2001

Greetings Lords and Ladies,

I have a gentle that would like to submit the following device (forgive the
blazon as I'm not sure how this would be done)

Per Saltire Gules and Or checky a base Sable and Or Checky and a chief Or
and Argent checky. Over all an Eagle displayed proper in its dexter talon a
lion (color?) and in its sinister talon a bear (color?).

In my terms the above device would be described as follows:

A device in fourths. The top quarter would be gold and silver the bottom
quarter would be Black and gold and the two sides would be Red and gold.
And I think I have the Eagle part right unless the bear and lion need to be
described as rampant, couchant, etc. . .

My understanding is that a checky background is neutral, thus you can do the
metal on metal. Like the Antir device. I'm not sure about the different
quarters of the device being three different checky styles.

After that, I'm off to take some Aspirin

Rufus