ANSTHRLD - fieldless badge help please

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Sun Mar 25 21:26:05 PST 2001

Ms. Demonja, may I please ask you to use standard English spellings --
in particular, spelling "and" with a "d"?  It's sort of hard to
read your messages.

> Is a fieldless badge argent tincturless?

I'm afraid that that sentence makes no sense.  Is there an "or" missing
between "argent" and "tinctureless", maybe?

A fieldless badge (in the SCA, only badges can be fieldless) is
a set of charges on an undefined background.  For example, I
registered
    (Fieldless) A mascle gules.
When I draw it on my goblet or box or CDs or whatever, I can draw it
on a silver background, a gold background, an ermine background ... or
green or purple or black or even red, though it would be hard to see
then.

Note that I distinguish "registered" and "draw".  I registered it with
an undefined background.  When I use it, I have to put it on
*something*, so I can choose whatever I like.

    Argent, a mascle gules.
would be a different badge.  (1 CD away, but that makes it different.)
In that case, I would have to put the mascle on a white or silver
background only.

As Tec mentioned, you can't do tinctureless.

Daniel de Lincolia
    tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work account.
up to and including this sig!" -- Jukka.Korpela at hut.fi (Jukka Korpela)