ANSTHRLD - Question

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:49:06 PST 2001

>Well, realize that it's an opinion (aside from the fimbriation issue).

  I thought your opinion was law. ;)

>Any composition ideas, like tinctures, charges, or whatever, so people
>can make suggestions?  Or do you want suggestions from the Peanut
>Gallery?

   I wonder if I could take the abuse.  No really here were some other ideas
(to entertain those not at war):

Device ideas:
    Gules, on a saltire nowy argent a Norse sunwheel gules between in
saltire four spearheads points to edge sable.

    Per fess sable and gules, on a fess nowy counter-nowy argent a Norse
sunwheel between in fess two spearheads points to egde sable.
(what I meant be nowy counter-nowy was a fess with the illusion of having a
roundel on top of it also argent)

    Argent, in saltire nine wagon wheels sable between in cross four
lozenges gules.

Badge:

    Fieldless, a spearhead sable

    Fieldless, on a spearhead sable a wagonwheel argent.

   Essentially I am looking for a more Teutonic, "primative" look and like
the colors red, white, and black.  I might be willing to add an animal
motif.  I want it to look good on a round shield and be fairly symmetrical
in divisions of three or four.

   Off to collect my sources for the primitive North Germanic "CuniricaR
hlafiward CuniwardingaR" just because I can. :)

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding