Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Ta pe)

Ray Smith rayasmith at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 20:42:31 PST 2001

--- Chandranath <chandra at plumes.org> wrote:

> My undocumented example aside, the fact is easily
> documented that
> all sorts of preposterous stuff has made it into the
> OP -- not absences,
> I stress, but things that are simply wrong.  All of
> them must have
> occurred by one of the above (or by the court herald
> himself or herself
> sending something wrong, which seems less likely
> than the above).

Not as less likely, at least in my experience, than
one might think.  I know that there have been times
when doing a court report that someone that I don't
know has received an award, and I have had to resort
to trying to spell their name phonetically - which in
the SCA can be a dicey proposition.  I just hoped that
someone down the line was in a position to correct it.

Andre de Chartres, Halberd Pursiuvant of Bryn Gwlad

=====
"Everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world."