Court Reporting (was Re: ANSTHRLD - Plenary Meeting at Red Tape)

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Tue Mar 20 14:10:52 PST 2001

>> [No, no one's _ever_ had
>> to herald court on only 5 minutes warning - really!]
>
>Emm....does ten minutes warning count?
>I have done two Royal Courts on just that much notice.

Definitely! (Actually, I was thinking of a couple I witnessed in Calontir
when I wrote that line.  <grin>!  Friends of mine were the heralds who got
"volunteered" in those situations.)

I think that kinda goes like....

	1) Here's the folder with the scrolls

	2) There's the thrones

	3) Here come the crowns

	4) Go!

And some people think heraldry doesn't qualify for combat pay.  My personal
suspicion is that when a court like that occurs, that all the recipients of
awards are Gaelic, Polish, or Welsh.

Now, the true debate is whether the pronunciations get better or worse if
the herald has been consuming local home-brew...

Mari
:)