ANSTHRLD - Can this be done?

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Tue Mar 20 14:17:52 PST 2001

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 02:53:09PM -0700, Stacy Kopec wrote:
> Hey there heraldy people,
>
> I just want to know if this can be done for my own knowledge.
>
> Purpure, a turtle sable, fembreated(sp) argent.

Sticking my neck out so my betters can hack at it:

Fimbriation is really only permitted on simple ordinaries (if there are
exceptions, they escape me).  So, no fimbriated turtles.  Removing the
fimbriation, of course, leaves you with color on color (with poor contrast,
I might add) and so.

Some ideas, if you're sold on a sable turtle and the use of purpure (insert
borrowed tmcd rant here about purpure being rare in period) might include
using a metallic field but a purpure peripheral (say, a nice bordure), or
a neutral divided field (one that uses 50/50 of a color and a metal) involving
purpure, or -- no, I can't make myself suggest a fur using purpure.  (Purple
ermine spots, anyone?)

Anyway.  That's more than you asked.  The short answer is "no, that can't
be done, for the above reason(s)."

Chandra

--
Shri Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy