ANSTHRLD - Device help and ideas please

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Sun Mar 25 20:11:58 PST 2001

> > > Per pale embattled sable an argent ermined vert a chevron counter-changed
> > > and a winged ferret sejant erect wings elevated an addored argent

> The ferret is whole in the upper back part of the field.  How do I blazon
> that so it is clear?  Does that clear up the rule conflict?

Blazon it "in canton".
But you still have a chevron over the complex per pale field division,
which is the no-no.
And it's not conflict, it's complexity.  I highly suggest you read RfS
sections VII and VIII before going much further with this, just to keep
you from having to continue to fix stuff.  :)

(Please take no offense to my suggestions.  My first device choice
counterchanged fretty over a per saltire field and then put charges on
top of *that*, so I've been where you are and learned all you're learning
and remember it all very well.)
Keep asking questions!

- Teceangl
                  "He washed his mouth and can't do a thing with it."
						     - SJK  8-28-96  04:23