ANSTHRLD - Fwd: Name for Amber

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Mar 29 20:11:13 PST 2001

> >Was the forename a typo?  I can find Alianor, Alianora, Alienor, Alienora,
> >Eleanor, Eleanora, Elianora, Elianor, Elinor, Elyenora, and Elena, but not
> >Elanor.
>
> No telling, but I have my doubts that the exact spelling will be an issue.
> Will any or all of these work with the locative 'Hope'?

Most should.  All but one of those spellings comes from "Feminine Given Names
in A Dictionary of English Surnames" at
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/talan/reaney/
and date between 1199 and 1483.  Get your client a list, with dates, and
let her choose.

- Teceangl
                  "He washed his mouth and can't do a thing with it."
						     - SJK  8-28-96  04:23