[ANSTHRLD] A "Cross" question...

Cahira cahira_of_bonwicke at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 14:13:23 PDT 2001

I am extremely confused, and I hope that someone
reading this can help me. :-)

There is a cross that the Barony of Bonwicke tried to
register several years ago (I don't know exactly
when), and I was told that that cross is
unregisterable. Well, I was browsing through the
Pic-Dic and here is what I stumbled across:

"The 'Norse sun-cross' [197] is sometimes called an
'Odin-cross' or a 'sun-wheel'. It had once been
disallowed as being equivalent to the astronomical
symbol for the planet Earth, but is currently
permitted for SCA use."

So, do I have an old (and incorrect) version of the
Pic-Dic? Or were the people with whom I have spoken
misinformed? Either is fine by me, but I would just
like to know what is correct, so I can take care of
some final paperwork before I leave for the Houston
area.

Thanks in advance,

Cahira