[ANSTHRLD] Arianna

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 06:31:29 PST 2001

>Amanda age 10 chose the name Arianna ui Dunlaingh  liking Arianna and
>wanting to use the surname myself and my mom use

Again there is no harm done by someone at this age
using a name they can relate to and enjoy.

As for future registration, Arianna is period for
Italy but not Ireland.  As a matter of interest
there is already a ruling against using Arianna
with an Irish name.

April 2000 LoAR Atenvelt Acceptances
Adriana Kavanaugh.
"Submitted as Arianna Kavanaugh, the given name seems
reasonable for 16th century Italy but, unfortunately, we
couldn't document the submitted form any closer to
Ireland. The surname in turn is rather exclusively Irish.
We already have a precedent against mixed Spanish/Irish
names (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR of July 1997, p. 7, with
the submission of Sanchia O'Connor); mixed Italian/Irish
names are not any more plausible. We have therefore
changed the given name to Adriana, a plausible
feminisation of the English Adrian, which is found in
16th century sources."

Sorry that these aren't registerable but that is the
direction the research has gone.

Magnus