[ANSTHRLD] Fwd: Re: Question about ancient submissions...

Ansteorran Kingdom Star Principal Herald herald at ansteorra.org
Fri Nov 2 10:10:09 PST 2001

Howdy All,

I received the following from Morsulus today. Does anyone out there have any
information from 1988 that could shed some light on this issue?

Thanks

Borek, Star

Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:11:02 -0500
From: Michael Houghton <herveus at saltmine.radix.net>
To: "O'Donohoe, Richard" <rodonoho at utmb.edu>
Subject: Re: Question about ancient submissions...
rodonoho at utmb.edu on Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 05:13:22PM -0600

Howdy!

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 05:13:22PM -0600, O'Donohoe, Richard wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I was looking on the net and was surprised to see find my name.
> Following the link, and looking into the LoAR archives, I found my
> submission from 1988. I was rejected for having a name too similar to my
> mundane name. Problem is, I was submitting a device, under a 'holding' name
> as per our shire's herald, and was not submitting a name at all. Is there
> any way to check on the device to see if it's any good? I don't think I've
> seen it around for some 10 years or so.

As best I can tell, from looking through the LoARs (my paper archive), the
device was never sent up to Laurel. The August 1988 LoAR notes the return of
the name as a "name only" submission.

The local herald's advice about 'holding names' was misinformed. All submissions
have to have a name to file them under. Star Herald (herald at ansteorra.org)
may be able to tell you what happened to your device. I am copying him on this
reply to shorten that circuit. (Hi, Star!)

> Thanks for your time, er,
> Yours in service,
>
> Richard Kenneth O'Donohoe
> 3010 Cedar
> LaMarque, TX 77568.
> (409) 935-0179
> RKODonohoe at aol.com
> rodonoho at utmb.edu
>
> AKA Lord Richard Kenneth O'Donohoe
> AKA Lord Dick
> AKA Captain of the good ship Profit.
> Known to all in the known world as Richard.
>
> P.S. My Address was 3623 Ave. P 1/2, Galveston, TX 77550, when I made that
> submission.

yours,
Herveus Morsulus
--
Michael and MJ Houghton   | Herveus d'Ormonde and Megan O'Donnelly
herveus at radix.net         | White Wolf and the Phoenix