[ANSTHRLD] questions from TRF

R Husted rhusted at mastnet.net
Mon Nov 5 11:26:25 PST 2001

I have been busy, the TRF crew seems to think I can help them with all
their heraldic submissions and problems..
as a result I have a bunch of questions

One submitter wants to submit a badge
my best guess at blazoning it is

Azure estencelle Or, on a pellet enflamed a hawk displayed Or

she is willing to make modifications and I have told her she may need to
make several.
I have suggested making the badge fieldless rather than the azure
estencelle field, and she is willing if needed

I am concerned about the enflamed pellet however. i seem to recall some
precedent ruling against further registrations of enflamed objects. am I
dreaming it. or is there really something?

second submitter

name

Trian Caoimhe

Trian is easily documented from  "100 Most Popular Men's Names in Early
Medieval Ireland" compiled by Heather Rose Jones  (Tangwystyl)

I have not been able to find Caoimhe however..
Woulfe lists Caoimgin p174  and O'Caoimin p451
OC&M under Caemgen p 41  lists Caoimhin

can anyone help getting the spelling the submitter wants

medb