[ANSTHRLD] Name Documentation Request

Michelle Hanson bmhanson at airmail.net
Mon Nov 19 17:14:59 PST 2001

Hi all.

I checked my sources and I found a book that mentioned something close
to Kenah, or Kenna, or Ceana.  _Irish Names and Surnames_ by Rev.
Patrick Woulfe copyright 1992 ISBN 940134403 pg 175: "Cianán, g. -ain,
Kienan, Kenan; dim of Cián, q.v.; the name of three Irish saints, of
whom one was the celebrated Bishop of Duleek.  Lat. Ciananus, Kenanus."
Cianán is the Irish spelling.

The surname Campbell can be documented from the same book pg 233-4.
Caimbéal - XII - Campbell, Campbell, etc.; Ir. 'cam' and 'béal,' i.e.,
wry-mouthed, originally an epithet or nickname which in course of time
supplanted the real surname....  There's more to the entry.

Hope that helps some.  I can keep checking if necessary.

Margarite
Oakenwald