[ANSTHRLD] fimbration question

Darin Herndon darin_herndon at bswintl.com
Fri Nov 23 11:44:06 PST 2001

>>> magnus77840 at hotmail.com 11/22/01 08:17AM >>>
It still leaves unanswered whether the precedent on
charged plain line roundels on a fieldless badge
is overturned by the new rule on presumption.
Since it only mentions escutcheons I can argue that
this rule change does away with that precedent by
removing roundels as a medium of heraldic display.

Magnus,

I remember when the rules changes were first published for comment and
I do remember that the rules effect and intent was to removed other
geometric shapes, save only the escutcheon, from creating presumption
issues.  In effect, the honor point in the center would have to be an
escutcheon or there would be no question of presumption.

Etienne