[ANSTHRLD] Erin

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Sat Nov 24 05:31:12 PST 2001

In a discussion of this name, someone originally posted:

>>Erin age 8 wants to know if it's ok to use Erin ui Dunlaingh

In reply Magnus posted:

>It is a modern name and its OK for an 8 year old to use
>it but I agree with Mariadonna that it isn't registerable.
> (snip, then quote of Laurel ruling:)
> "Erin of Atenveldt - Erin is the submitter's legal name,
> and while registerable under the legal name allowance, is
> not a period name."

As I read it, Erin is the 8-year-old's legal name, so if she really loves the
SCA and is as active as all-get-out and get to be 18 and *everyone* from An
Tir to Atlantia knows her as "Erin", she will be able to register the name
everyone knows under the legal name allowance. Assuming  we still have the
legal name allowance in 10 years.  ummmm.... if she wants it maybe she should
register it within the next coupla years.

Kathri