[ANSTHRLD] fimbration question

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Nov 22 05:43:58 PST 2001

> Daniel? Teceangl? HELP!

Complex lines have removed the appearance of pretense from roundels in
the past, actually.  Yes, you can have a charged roundel with a complex
line as a fieldless badge.

  By current standards, a roundel invected is not considered a "standard
  vehicle" for the display of armory, and thus this is not considered
  arms of pretense under RfS XI.4.  (Myron Duxippus Draco, 9/94 p. 11)

> >3- can you fimbriate a complex line roundel?
> Other than the rayonny roundel I can't find anything on this in the precedents.
> I also do not find any complex roundels registered
> that have been fimbriated.
> It certainly looks like the complex lines make
> the roundel no longer a simple geometric charge
> and thus cannot be fimbriated.

The jury's still out on that.  I'm arguing that a complex line makes a
charge such as a delf or roundel no longer simple for purposes of X.4.j.ii.
but thus far no ruling has come of it.  Simple by X.4.j.ii. equals voidable
or fimbriatable, so a ruling there would clinch it.

I think no complex-line roundels with charges have come through for
awhile because just maybe they've fallen out of favor for the time being.
Now if only that would happen to those damned dragonflies...

By the way, on my comment that a rayonny roundel would equal a sun for
all intents and purposes, I can find no ruling on it.  Wreath has said
so in my presence a few times in the past couple of years, but she has
yet to rule on it officially.  So it's my speculation at this time.

- Teceangl
--
 When you are told something that doesn't make sense -- challenge it!
				      - Shayk Da'ud ibn Auda