[ANSTHRLD] A few points and questions in Old English

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 16:11:01 PDT 2001

Wesath ge hal!

   Okay I am researching a name for someone: Iohanna aet Eoforwicscire.
Searle's _Onomasticon Anglo-Saxonicum_ has Iohanna listed on p.319 at c. 995
AD.  Do I need to photo copy this or is this one of those you just need to
refer to the heading and page number when submitting (not that I am the one
doing the actual herald work for it).

   Also, not to dig up too far in the past, but I have to address an old
subject, that of AEgil.  I found the appropriate source.  In an different
form, it is inscribed, in runes, on the lid of the Franks Casket, dated ca.
700, as "AEgili" which is the Northumbrian dialectal spelling.  I was just
something I happened to look over while researching for class.  Sorry to
kick a dead horse.

   Another thing, for me personally, would: Argent, an inverted pall gules
cotised sable, in between three boar's heads gules crested and tusked(?) Or
be passable.  In layman's terms:  White field, an inverted pall cotised in
black, in between three boar's heads red with the bristles and tusks yellow.
  I was also thinking about making the pall "arrondy" but did not know if I
was already at maximum points.

Godspeed,
Cyniric