[ANSTHRLD] Help with conflict check

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Sun Oct 14 16:37:59 PDT 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, maceogan <maceogan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am working with someone who wants "Per bend argent and sable".
> This is her preferred form, but will settle for variants of division
> line, etc if it will help it pass.  Can someone (hint Daniel) help
> me with ths.

Haven't the time to help with this, I'm afeared.

On the SCA Heralds' list, someone just pointed out this precedent
(East ret., 6/01):

  Aleksandr the Traveller. Device change. Per pale vert and Or.
     Conflict with {AE}dric the Grene, Per pale sable and vert.  Rfs
     X.4.a.ii.b, Complete Change of Tincture, requires that the two
     pieces of armory share no tincture in common. Therefore there is
     only a single difference for changing half the field.

My own reaction is "um, I'd call it changing ALL the field", but there
it is.

So, frex,
    Tristian of Hags Head|8911O|b|Per bend argent and sable, mailly
    counterchanged.|(For Zengi al-Znassi)
even considering that field treatment is an aspect of tincture, blows
away any plain-line "Per bend argent and X" and "Per bend X and
argent".

DdL
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;