[ANSTHRLD] Whitycombe Available in Bjornsburg

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Sat Sep 1 21:47:39 PDT 2001

Kate Rayburn wrote:

> If there are any heralds in Bjornsburg (or surrounding areas) who would
> like their own copy of Whithycombe, I have just found out that there is
> one (2nd edition, paperback but rebound as hardcover) available for sale
> at Clipper Ship Book Store in San Antonio (210-733-1008).  They have it
> listed at $7.00 as it is an ex-library copy.

Actually, the listing says:

1973 Second Edition. .... ex-university library copy of 1st Oxford
Paperback edition

If it truly is a 1973, then it is a 2nd edition.  Heck, for $7 any
edition is a steal.

There's also a $35 hardcover third edition in the UK if anyone wants to
try for it:

The Oxford Dictionary of English Christian names by WITHYCOMBE, EG
Oxford Clarendon 1978 H/b 3rd Ed VG /VG 310pp General (Keywords:
GENERAL)
The price of the book is US$ 35.00 If phoning/ faxing from outside UK
prefix with 0044 & drop 1st O of number
Please reference the seller's book # 27974 when ordering.

The seller is O'Donoghue Books
Unit F23,  72 Farm Lane Fulham, London, LON, United Kingdom, SW6 1QA.
<mailto:odonoghue.books at virgin.net> Ph: 020-7610 3004 Fax: 0870 124 2849

--Perronnelle

--
"Alter" and "change" are supposed to be synonyms, but altering your
trousers and changing your trousers are quite different things.  --
mailto:findbook at flash.net