[ANSTHRLD] Sea Unicorn

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Sep 4 01:22:44 PDT 2001

The Laurel precedents cited:
  There is insufficient contrast between purpure and sable to use a complex
  line of division such as urdy to separate them. It becomes unidentifiable.
  (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR January 1999, p. 14)"

  We no longer allow combining azure and sable with a complex line of
  division. (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR September 1997, p. 24)

> Magnus handled the questions very well.  I was able to virtually
> sit back and sip a mint julep.  One disagreement only: I don't think
> that you can conclude from the precedents talking about sable and X
> that only sable and X would be returned.  For example, I expect
> purpure and azure would likely be a problem too.

Actually, we can conclude whatever we like, but until such time as a
field division of two specific tinctures with a specific complex line
of division has been ruled against by Laurel, we have no right to say
it "would be returned".  That's speculation beyond our right.
We can say, with certainty, that complex field divisions overlain by
charges which aren't skinny will be returned.  That's been said
directly.  We can say that complex field divisions between purpure and
sable, and between azure and sable, would be returned.  That's also
been said directly.  But until there's a Laurel return of a complex
division between purpure and azure, we can only cite what we know and
sat there's a probability of return.
I use "probably" and variants thereof a lot in consulting.  But I try
my darndest to never make a definite statement I cannot prove.

- Teceangl
--
                Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    Use an egg box like everyone else and stop being such a poser.