[ANSTHRLD] Bonwicke Order Comments

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Fri Sep 7 16:48:20 PDT 2001

Daniel noted:
>That blazon is incomplete, because the arms of Bonwicke have to be
>*on* something -- an escutcheon?  a roundel?  an ashtray?
>
>Probably
>
>     [Fieldless] A Latin cross patonce sable, overall an escutcheon of
>     Bonwicke.

Thank you.  I was assuming on an escutcheon an should have stated more clearly.

Also, thanks for the whole Crown/Coronet discussion.

>If it loses population, a barony can be demoted to a shire.
>So, from the two arguments given, I suspect that a barony could not
>register a crown or coronet.

Also of interest.  I had not even considered that point.

Thank you again for your comments Master Daniel.  I always learn
something from your posts and enjoy that.  Learning is part of why I
enjoy the SCA.

Etienne