[ANSTHRLD] Order of the Keepers of the Cross of Bonwicke - Baronial Service Award

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Sep 11 00:52:05 PDT 2001

> Laurel wreaths.  Laurel leaves alone are OK.  A laurel wreath without
> leaves is unregisterable; I dimly recall that there was an old return
> of a banana slug vorant of a laurel wreath, and a later attempt by the
> same group with the slug "eyeing speculatively a laurel wreath in
> canton".  Can't find the thing, tho.

Adiantum, then in the West, arms and name finally registered in April of
1976.  Doesn't seem to be in precedents, so I'm chasing down LoARs.
I've seen the return in the physical file, though.  It's a hoot.

- Teceangl
--
     Please cite a precedent for the use of tartan in heraldic Arms.
Otherwise, alter the damn thing to better heraldry. (IoL, 31 Jan 74, p. 1)