[ANSTHRLD] three crescents argent

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:45:11 PDT 2001

>Per saltire sable and vert, three crescents argent?

I assume the default 2 and 1 is the arrangement.
If so it is clear and I am out of torpedoes to
fire into your armory.

Crescents are used a lot in Islamic and Iberian
heraldry I have seen but Daniel can tell you
more about that.

Daniel, oh Daniel, are you still with us after disappearing under that mass
of Laurel paperwork?
If so, please help this good client with style
and usage.  I have to try to translate an item
out of the Annals for someone.

I wish there was easy access to more dated rolls of
arms.  It would be nice to do some statistics on
tinctures, field division, and charges by century
from 1200-1600.  It would help with style questions
from different countries and times.

Magnus von Lubeck