[ANSTHRLD] french title

Tim McDaniel tmcd at jump.net
Mon Sep 24 17:08:26 PDT 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 Predslava at aol.com wrote:
> Daniel answered about "H.L.". As for "Her Ladyship,"

No, Daniel answered about both.  That's why I wrote "H* L*": it covers
all of "Honorable Lord/Lady", "His Lordship", and "Her Ladyship".
They are all customarily used in Ansteorra and some other kingdoms to
refer to grant-level people (regional and temporal variations about
who uses which), and all are merely customary.

> With use of the 3rd person singular. "Madame est servie" comes to
> mind.

I think that's a sentence of some kind -- AltaVista Babelfish suggest
"Madame is been useful".  Titles are not sentences in any language
I've heard of.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at jump.net;