[ANSTHRLD] Name help: Wilhelm da Kaalovo

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Sep 27 13:13:34 PDT 2001

> A gentleman in our barony has been using the name Wilhelm da Kaalovo
> for ages.  He now has arms he wants to register, so he needs to tweak
> the name into a registrable form.  Either Wilhelm or William is
> acceptable for the given name, although Wilhelm is preferable.  The
> surname is a made-up locative, but anything with a similar sound
> would be acceptable.  He pronounces it "duh KAY-luh-vuh"  The
> submittor has no preferences as to language/culture.

I love doing Soundex searches.

Nothing I turned up on rootsweb is terribly close, but maybe one of these
will strike his fancy:

Caileff (?)
Calef (English?)
Calfey (English?)
Callaway/Kelleway (English)
Kalva (Norwegian?)
Kilbey (English)
Klabo/Klaboe/Klebo/Klaebo/Klaeboe (Norwegian?)

-Emma

--
Jennifer Smith
jds at randomgang.com