[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:14:54 PDT 2001

>PS - why is Or capitalized?
Because your master Sauron the Great, Lord of the Rings,
has decreed it.

Might as well practice commentary for the attack
of Middle Earth names later this year.

>I was told that it was to avoid confusing it
>with the word "or".  How can you possibly use the word "or" in a blazon???
No uses of "or" as anything other than the metal
show up in the Armorial search.

>Sable on a bezant a phoenix sable, a dexter tierce dovetailed Or.

>Sable on a bezant a phoenix azure, a dexter tierce dovetailed Or.

>The closest I can find to a conflict is the Shire of Castillo de los Lobos,
>"Sable, on a bezant within a laurel wreath Or, a wolf rampant gules, a
>chief dovetailed Or.

One CD for the adding the laurel wreath, one CD for change of type and color
to the tertiary on the bezant, one CD for change of type of secondary from
tierce to chief.

The only rule involving Laurel wreaths is X.3.  That is for conflict between
2 pieces of armory registered to the Society, like branch devices, and isn't
used with personal arms.

Others close but no conflict cigar:
Anthony Westley August 1995 (via the West):
Sable, on a bezant a wolf's pawprint sable, a bordure Or.
One CD for change of type from bordure to tierce.
One CD for change of type of tertiary under X.4.j.ii.

Gwynaeth Math o Ddylluan July of 1974:
Sable, a bezant charged with a raven on a branch bendwise all sable.
One CD for adding the tierce.
One CD for change of type of tertiary under X.4.j.ii.

Magnus