[ANSTHRLD] New Estencele Herald

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Fri Sep 7 14:15:27 PDT 2001

> Everyone welcome Chandranath to his new position and look for the
> changes to the web page :)

Um, thank you, thank you.

I appreciate being given the chance to taken on what Master Francois insists
is the best-named heraldic office in the kingdom. :)  Lord Seanan mac
Tighearnain has kindly volunteered to back me up as deputy, which help I am
more than happy to accept.

HL Borek asked me, somewhat jokingly, to explain how I was going to change
the web pages. Well, the answer is "not a great deal," certainly for
the time being.  Off the top of my head -- which means "before I get a chance
to really dig around" and "before I talk with Seanan about ideas" and "before
Master Francois tells me dark secrets" -- I see these as priorities:

- Bringing existing archives of information up to date;
- Automation where possible, or at least streamlining of processes;
- Talking to each of the arms of the college (or rather, officers thereof)
  about how I can improve their lives and those of their, eh, customers.

Suggestions always welcome.  At the moment, I'm still in the process of
getting the keys to the office, so mail to estencele at ansteorra.org will be
slightly delayed until I get to the mailbox.  Sending to chandra at plumes.org
is always okay, too.

(Last note: while this is an electronic office by its nature, anyone wishing
to talk face to face about any matter can largely find me at northern events;
currently I have no plans to get outside the region for the rest of the
calendar year, I fear, but anyway, feel free to contact me and we'll see
what can be set up.)

Chandra

--
Shri (Lord) Chandranath Mitra <chandra at plumes.org>
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."