[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Paul Haines wyrmclaw at ev1.net
Fri Sep 28 16:33:23 PDT 2001

Esteemed heralds and lurkers,

Can I get some help with a conflict check for either:

Sable on a bezant a phoenix sable, a dexter tierce dovetailed Or.
or
Sable on a bezant a phoenix azure, a dexter tierce dovetailed Or.

I checked sable with a roundel:or, and sable with a tierce.

The closest I can find to a conflict is the Shire of Castillo de los Lobos,
"Sable, on a bezant within a laurel wreath Or, a wolf rampant gules, a chief
dovetailed Or.

What's on the bezant is different in type and color, but I'm not sure if
that counts as 1 CD or 2.  If I'm not mistaken, there's no CD for a laurel
wreath, and is there a CD between a chief dovetailed Or and a tierce
dovetailed Or?  I would think so, but just want to be sure.

I appreciate the help.

Bordure

PS - why is Or capitalized?  I was told that it was to avoid confusing it
with the word "or".  How can you possibly use the word "or" in a blazon???