[ANSTHRLD] question

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Sun Apr 14 11:26:03 PDT 2002

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

1.  Can one person in the SCA have more than one registered name?  The
person in question (myself) has been developing an alternate personae for
some time. I would now like to register that name if possible.

2.  If yes, does the process of submitting the name the same as in
submitting the first registered name?

3.  I went to St. Gabriel but after carefully reading their information on
how they research a name, I wasn't sure they would be of much help.  The
name I am considering is "Zelda the Beggar".  As for time period, I would
say 11th century, possibly German or Frank.  But I am more interested in
finding out if "Zelda" was a name used in any period and in any country we
study.  My "Zelda" could easily be from the 3rd to the 14th century and
country is not important.  Beggars abounded everywhere and she can easily be
tailored to fit into just about any culture or time period.  Maybe Czech or
Austrian?  I have been "Zelda" at a number of events through the years and
she/I am becoming a looked-for addition at certain events which might
benefit from having a pathetic yet entertaining beggar or two about.  I am
trying to make her as "real" as possible (sans the body lice) and am now
interested to find out if the name that I and my rather ribald and tipsy
companions chose for her so many years ago on a lark is a period and
therefore an able-to-be-registered name.  Somebody suggested that the name
"Griszelda" may be period and as such could be hers with me using "Zelda" as
a diminutive.

I will appreciate any and all your commentary and look forward to it with
great interest.  Until then, I remain...

In Service,
Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen