[ANSTHRLD] question

Bordelon, Wendel Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com
Sun Apr 14 13:58:58 PDT 2002

Hello Annes,

> 1.  Can one person in the SCA have more than one registered name?  The
> person in question (myself) has been developing an alternate
> personae for some time. I would now like to register that name
> if possible.

Yes.  You many have 4 items of armory (1 device, 3 badges) and
4 names (primary, alternate, household).  So you can indeed
register an alternate name.

> 2.  If yes, does the process of submitting the name the same as in
> submitting the first registered name?

Yes.  It is another submission.  Just be sure to indicate on the
name registration form that it is an alternate name submission.

> 3.  I went to St. Gabriel but

Saint Gabriel is a wonderful source for period naming practices
and documentable names.  But there is a difference between
"truely period" and what is registerable.  The docuementation
standards for the names we register are looser than the names
you will find on the St. Gabriel site.   We should all strive
for the accuracy of the Academy but realize there is a difference.

--Francois (with no Ansteorran title any more :-)